Problems with production of PS and PDF files

Radek.Zakrzewski at goodrich.com Radek.Zakrzewski at goodrich.com
Mon Jan 19 14:11:05 CET 2004

Frank,

First of all thanks for the reply.

I don't want to print to a printer - I want to produce a PS file. Anyway, I
choose one of the Postscript printers on our network that I know is on, and
then check the "Print to file" box - at that moment the status of the
printer shouldn't matter. Or am I wrong here?

> There's another way of getting to a PS file, it's via the TeX
> menu. Usually above where it says "iniTeX" the installation
> says DVIPSONE to PS or something. If you don't have it you
> can add it in your dviwindo.ini file as follows under [Applications]:
>
> [Applications]
> ;<some entries omitted here!>
> DVIPSONE to PostScript File
> |F11=C:\YANDY\DVIPSONE\DVIPSONE.BAT -*i -v -j -l=letter *

I tried this. I add a line that says:
DVIPSONE TO FILE|F11=C:\YANDY\DVIPSONE\DVIPSONE.BAT -v -l=letter *

Using this option produces the following text from dvipsone

Printing directly from DVIPSONE.DLL
DVIPSONE 2.2.4  2000 Jul 12 22:47:02 SN 4655
Copyright (C) 1990--2000, Y&Y, Inc.  http://www.YandY.com

Command:
C:\YANDY\DVIPSONE\DVIPSONE.BAT -v -l=letter hello_mt
Processing DVI file hello_mt.dvi (to hello_mt.ps)
TeX output 2004.01.16:1431
DONE

But the "hello_mt.ps" is still empty - it has zero bytes! Do you have any
suggestions why?

Radek