long time user of y and y

Frank Ganz fganz at springer-ny.com
Thu Jan 15 11:58:46 CET 2004

Dear Michael,

I have reviewed you earlier email that lists the fonts. Indeed, no Computer Modern fonts are installed. Could there be a problem with the CD? Look for the fonts on the CD and grab one and drag this one on your fonts folder. Do you feel comfortable doing that? Windows NT/2000 (I imagine XP works the same way) will try to install it. You may then get an error message that's more useful or it may install the font fine.

The experience I have had with the machine that gave me trouble was that it wouldn't install the CM fonts that came with the CD even though it worked on other machines with identical hardware, but an older version from a previous Y&Y package would work fine. You may be experiencing the same difficulty.

Hope this helps.

Frank