Reduction and enlargement of EPS Files

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 12 14:23:34 CET 2004

> >are you generating a ps file as well?   is the graphic image
> >the correct size in the PostScript file?
>
> Yes, i am generating the PS by using c:\yandy\dvipsone\dvipsone -l=letter
> <abc.dvi>
> and from the PS to PDF by using distiller.
>

> >What program generated the EPS file?  or the original graphics
> >file ????
>
> The EPS files were generated by using Adobe photoshope  -- were scanned from
> hard copy image.

it would probably be easier to feed a tiff image of the file straight
to dvipsone.

> > It has been my experience that there is PostScript, and then
> > there is "postscript" ...
>
> Please explain what is "PostScript" and "postscript", i am not sure about
> your lines.

i think mimi is suggesting that postscript from third-party
applications is not necessarily reliable: this is certainly true,
particularly of windows applications.

however, on the whole, adobe products seem to perform reasonably well
in this area: i would guess there's some other reason for this
difficulty.