Bibtex

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Thu Jan 8 09:51:49 CET 2004

Mimi Burbank writes:

> Hello Richard,
>
> bibtex is basically bibtex... and can handle very large databases.
> Are you having trouble with your copy?  If so, what version of Y&Y TeX
> are you running, and where is your bibtex located.  Also, can you
> provide an error message?  In the past we have had some people that
> had a less than perfect setup for bibtex...
>
> mimi
>

> On Jan07 09:29PM, Richard Steenis wrote:
> > I am interested in obtaining the latest version of Bibtex.  I would
> > like a
> > version that can handle very large databases.  Does any one know
> > where I can obtain the Bibtex software?
> >
> > Thank you very much for your help,
> > Richard

Richard, before you start trying to fetch and install BibTeX, make
sure you actually need to do it ;-)

The earlier iterations of Y&YTeX v.2.2 had no c:\yandy\bibtex folder;
bibtex was folded into the c:\yandy\utils folder.

Check your c:\yandy tree: if you have c:\yandy\bibtex, then don't
download anything -- you already have the latest.

However, you've already seen some messages from Robin, who's
suggesting that posting the .log file that results from a defective
processing run would be the most helpful to everyone -- there actually
are people here who who read these things fluently ... it's taken me
years to read just some of it ;-)

Oh, and if you could -- _don't_ post your log file as an attachment --
it's not easily accessed for inserting comments on various things that
it says ... just stick it at the bottom of your message to
techsupport.

So bring it on -- and we'll all have a good look at what the problem
might be.