Small Caps problem with New Baskerville font

David Ireland david at davidireland.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 12:30:01 CET 2004

I have a document that uses New Baskerville throughout.  I want to set some
lines in small caps, but for some reason none of the usual commands --
\textsc{}, \sc{}, or \scshape{} -- work (DVIWindo just shows normal text).
The commands DO work if I change the font to Times or CMR.  Could anyone
tell me what might be the problem?

Also, the math commands \geq and \vggtr both seem to produce the symbol
identical to \geqslant.  Can anyone offer an explanation of why is this and
how can I get \geq or \vggtr to appear correctly?

Thanks very much

David