Problem with Laptop and installation

Blenda Horn blendacarlisle at yandy.com
Mon Jan 5 17:14:11 CET 2004

Dear techsupport,

Dr. de Bruyn sent me this email with a problem he had and still has, after installing Y&Y TeX on his laptop.  Any idea what the cause of this could be?

Regards,
Blenda.

PS. I manually subscribed him to techsupport.

Date:  Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:58:49 -0000

hello,

I recently purchased YandY TeX from you. I have installed it and it seems to
work fine, but there is a strange problem which I think must somehow be
related to your software.

I installed it on my laptop which runs windows XP. Normally, the laptop
should "go to sleep" after being inactive for a certain time. However, ever
since I installed your software it cannot go to sleep - instead an error
message pops up saying that the keyboard driver is preventing it from going
to sleep.

I am 99% sure this is a result of something to do with the YandY TeX
installation, since I haven't added or changed anything else and the problem
started immediately after it was installed. Have you ever seen this, and do
you have any suggestions?

thanks very much,
John de Bruyn