Inclusion of Colored BMP Figures

Oguzhan Cifdaloz Oguzhan.Cifdaloz at ASU.EDU
Fri Aug 13 00:09:33 CEST 2004

It looks like my email program included some text in the code. Please find
the attached tex file. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

HI,
I have a little problem with including color bmp files in my tex document.
In the dvi, the picture looks in color. I convert it to ps via dvi2ps
button and it appears in black and white in the ps file.(Hence, my pdf
includes a black and white figure.)Please include any colored bmp file
using my attached code (also below). I'd greatly appreciate any help on
this.

Thank you,

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage[dvipsone]{graphicx}

% ****** Definition for BMP Inclusion *****************

\newdimen\dwidth
\newdimen\dheight

\def\showbmp#1#2#3{%
\dwidth=#2\dheight=#3
\edef\width{\number\dwidth} \edef\height{\number\dheight}%
\special{insertimage: #1 \width \space \height}}

\def\centerbmp#1#2#3{\vskip#2\relax\centerline{\hbox%
to#1{\showbmp{#3}{#1}{#2}\hfil}}}
% *****************************************************

\begin{document}

Note that the figure appears in color in the dvi.
\begin{figure}[h]
 \centerbmp{1.0in}{1.0in}{figure1.bmp}
 \caption{STEP Response}
\end{figure}

\noindent Convert the dvi to ps using the dvi2ps button, and
distill it using Adobe Distiller. The figure appears in black and
white in the resulting pdf.

\end{document}