Bullets

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Fri Sep 26 13:25:02 CEST 2003

Robin Fairbairns writes:

> Maurizio Vianello writes:

> > Finally,
> >
> > if I load package a4.sty
> > AFTER loading lucidbry.sty I get a shorter page than if I do the opposite.
> >
> > Does anyone know the correct order to load packages?
>
> proper size packages adjust the page size to the way the font "works".
> a4.sty isn't considered a "proper" package, but it obviously takes
> some note of the size of lines of text with lucida in them.  load it
> after lucidbry; there's a danger of excess over/underful \vboxes if
> your text body size isn't matched to the size of your font.
>
> Robin Fairbairns
>
> Y&Y support team

In looking for something else in the Font Topics FAQ, I ran across the
answer to Maurizio's problem about small Lucida bullets, which he said
didn't work.

I happened to notice that the preamble in Maurizio's sample loaded the
lucidbry package and then fontenc, whereas the answer (Q5) listed them
in reverse order.

Maurizio, did you ever try just switching the packages, letting
fontenc be loaded first? And then, after lucidbry, add your
a4.sty. While doing your tests, keep track of the order, to see where
it seems to be significant.