Truetype and Type 1 fonts

Peter Scott pscott at umich.edu
Fri Sep 26 11:56:37 CEST 2003

  I own both the Y&Y system, and Scientific Word which uses Truetype
fonts.
  They both seemed to coexist happily on my previous computers using
Windows 95, 98 or ME, but I have just got a new computer with Windows XP
and now have problems.
  I get the 'encoding error' message presumably caused by dviwindo trying
to use Truetype fonts, so have run both the utilities MKNONTXT and
SETUPTTF, but it makes no difference.
  Is there not some way to let SW use its Truetype fonts and Dviwindo use
the type 1 fonts?
 Peter Scott

Peter Scott                                        Office: East Hall 3842
Mathematics Department, East Hall              Office Phone: 734-764-0377
University of Michigan                       Department Fax: 734-763-0937
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1109             Department Phone: 734-764-0335