Bickham Script Standard (OpenType) Font

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Tue Sep 16 10:18:40 CEST 2003

Great info, Tom.

And yes, the Outline Font and Font Metricks Manipulation Package (no
wonder it's abbreviated to `FMP'!) does indeed have conversion
tools. Here's the list as I go through the first part of the manual:

   PFBtoPFA
   PFAtoPFB
   MACtoPFA
   PFBtoMAC
   AFMtoSCR
   SCRtoAFM
   AFMtoPFM  <-- here it is!
   PFMtoAFM
   AFMtoTFM  <-- another one you want
   TFMtoAFM
   TFMtoMET
   METtoTFM
   REENCODE
   PFAtoAFM
   SAFESEAC

Along with some auxiliary programs: MODEX, SERIAL, DOWNLOAD, NAMECASE
... hmmm ... the package sure seems to have lots of stuff. A few of
these also look familiar ...

I just checked on my machine and by gar! I've got afmtopfm -- it's in
c:\yandy\util. The \util folder seems to have a lot of .exe tools
... take a look! I think the Technical Manual is your best bet on
finding more details on how to use them.

Good luck. And let us know how things progress, because you surely
aren't the only person who's going to look at OpenType fonts.

Ch.