Bickham Script Standard (OpenType) Font

Wei-Chau Xie wxie0209 at rogers.com
Thu Sep 11 20:10:17 CEST 2003

Dear Sir/Madam:

I just purchased Adobe Birkham Script Standard (OpenType) font and
installed it on my PC running XP Pro. I use Y&Y TeX Release 2.2. I could
view the font on DVIWindo correctly. However, I could NOT use DVIPSONE
to print the page to a Postscript printer NOR use dvips to generate
postscript file--the system shows an error message saying that the font
cannot be found. The font works fine on other software, such as
Microsoft Word.

I have various postscript fonts, including Mupltiple Master fonts
(MinionMM), installed in the system and they run perfectly in Y&Y TeX.
This is the first time that I use OpenType fonts in Y&Y TeX. Unlike
postscript fonts, OpenType fonts do not come with .pfb and .pfm files.
What files is DVIPSONE or dvips looking for? How can I generate them and
where should I put them? Your help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Wei-Chau Xie
Wei-Chau Xie, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Professor and Associate Chair for Undergraduate Studies
Department of Civil Engineering
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Phone: (519)888-4567 ext.3988