dviwindo

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Fri Sep 5 13:56:07 CEST 2003

Michael Oristaglio writes:

>   The initial size of the preview in dviwindo is too
>   small to read, and when magnified to a readable
>   size the "page border" and "text window" rectangles
>   appear to remain the same size and the text that
>   overflows past the borders gets "scrunched up" at=20
>   right hand edge, as attached.
>
>   Can I please get a speedy answer this time. I
>   submitted this as a problem several months ago,
>   when I upgraded to the latest y&y for windows 2000.
>
>   y&y is my preferred tex program, but this renders it
>   useless on my machine and I will need to go elsewhere
>   for tex if not solved.
>
>   thanks,

This is the first time I see this complaint.

I've printed up your jpeg file, and am looking through the manual
called the Technical Addendum, at the various options which control
DVIWindo (pp.88-93).

You might look through those while I see if I can find anything else.
As well, I recommend you print up a hardcopy of your dviwindo.ini
file, usually found in c:\windows, and begin comparing its entries
with the Technical Addendum pages. You may well notice something
sooner than I, as you know your machine, and of course what it is that
is not working.

If anyone else on the list has any suggestions for Michael, please
post!