graphics problem: a refinement

Robert Ryan robertdryan at compuserve.com
Sat Oct 18 16:39:34 CEST 2003

Hi, Cristina,

You are absolutely correct. By adding a line in PSPATH that directs TeX to a
file with all of the figures, say, all the .eps files, the system work fine.
This is functionally equivalent to what I indicated below: "Well, I do know
one solution, which is to place the figures in the folder 'graphicstest'
[the folder with the TeX input] rather than in the subfolder 'figures,' but
this is a poor solution for dealing with many chapters and many figures."

But this is not the solution, at least not a good solution. The point is
that Y&YTeX (at least the disk I have) does not work correctly with
"graphicx." The "graphicx" package has the kind of interface I want; it
allows me to deal easily with 20 chapters and numerous figures for each
chapter by specifying a \graphicspath for each chapter, like
.\figures\chapter<number>\, where "." is the folder containing the source
file.

Bottom line: My copy of Y&YTeX does not work with "graphicx" and its syntax.

Thanks, as always, for your input. You are right, but the solution is not
the one I want: I want Y&Y to work well with the "graphicx" syntax.

Robert