I need some volunteers to beta-test for me

Neil A Weiss neil.a.weiss at juno.com
Wed Oct 15 11:24:10 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm quite interested, but for Plain TeX. When you get that ready, I'd
love to check it out.

Best regards,

Neil

Neil A. Weiss, Ph.D.
Voice: 928-541-1112
Email: neil.a.weiss at juno.com

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:10:22 -0400 Herbert Gintis <hgintis at comcast.net>
writes:
Dear Y and Y'ers,
        A few months back people on this list asked whether there is a
what-you-see-is-what-you-get program for designing figures in TeX and
LaTeX. The short answer was "no". PSTricks is great, but you have to
design on paper, and you can't preview the results until you generate the
ps or pdf file.
        Well, I wrote such a program a couple of years ago for Windows,
for my own use in mathematical model building and agent-based simulation
(I used it for two books and many articles in economics, biology,
sociology, and anthropology).
        I'm just finishing a rough public version for beta-testing, and
I'd like some volunteers who might find the program useful, to test it
for me.
        My first round of beta-testers should be Y and Y users, since
that's the platform on which I developed it. It should work on any LaTeX
system, but I'd rather test it on Y and Y first, for obvious reasons (it
will also work with plain TeX, but I haven't written the macros for this
yet).
        The program produces circles, ellipses, lines, bezier curves,
arrows, vectors, dotted and dashed version of the above, and integrates
text with the figures. The result can be viewed in DVIWINDO. The program
allows you to expand, contract, resize, rotate, and move objects, as well
as link and unlink objects and save reusable objects in a repository.
There are also help files for installation and use (though it is still a
bit thin...).

Best,

Herbert Gintis

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of Massachusetts

External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at Amazon.com.
New Email Address is hgintis at comcast.net
There is no sorrow so great that does not find
its background in joy.
                                                Niels Bohr (1938)