graphics

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Tue Oct 14 10:11:27 CEST 2003

Robert Ryan writes:

> I'm using Y&Y version 2.2.6. It worked very well running under Windows =
> 98SE, producing beautiful output on the screen and from the printer (HP =
> 1200). This only happened after Louis at Y&Y sent me a patch to correct =
> problems I was having using the graphicx package.
>
> I recently migrated to Windows XP (don't laugh), and in the process I =
> lost the patch (again, don't laugh).  Needless to say, the system no =
> longer handles graphics. Has anyone had the same problem, and were you =
> smart enough to save the patch?
>
> I would assume that Louis installed "the patch" in later versions and =
> that this problem no longer occurs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

Robert, in installing v.2.2.8 on my machine (NT -- now it's _your_
turn NOT to laugh!), I found that there were some missing files,
including stuff for graphics.

I wrote it all down and append the pertinent notes here. Check your
machine to see if perhaps this all that needs fixing. And let us know
how things go.

Ch.

=====

   3. The /graphics subfolder is incomplete. Locate:

         d:\CTAN\LaTeX\required\graphics

      and copy graphics.ins into

          c:\yandy\tex\latex\required\graphics

      Now process this file (`latex graphics.ins') watch it generate
      all the necessary files for graphics-related work.

   4. In the same \graphics folder, again using an ASCII editor,
      create two configuration (.cfg) files:

      a. graphics.cfg
      b. color.cfg

      The contents of both should be the following single line:

         \ExecuteOption{dvipsone}

      As mentioned, these two files should be installed in

         c:\yandy\tex\latex\required\graphics

========