GSView problem

Vidhu Prasad Vidhu_Prasad at uml.edu
Thu Oct 9 15:30:16 CEST 2003

I recently got a new computer with Windows XP.  I use WinEDT as my TeX
editor and after

Tex'ing a document (YandY is my TeX engine), I then click on the dvips icon
to get a ps file.  However GSView

then is unable to find the computer modern fonts and substitutes Courier -
the resulting
document is naturally horrible.  (In GSView, when I look at File>Show
messages, it states

that it is unable to find the fonts required and makes those =
substitutions).

1.	How do I get the viewer (and the doc prints with those Courier
fonts)  to find the CMfonts - by the way on my older computer with the same
configurations I have no problems.  Is this a GSView problem or a YandY
problem or  a WinEdt problem?

2.	GSView opens older (good) ps files and finds appropriate fonts with
no problems - its only the new ps files which I create with dvips that seem
to create a problem.

3.	The same problem occured with another colleague who just recently
got a new Dell as well.  He uses MikTeX and WinEdt as the front end - it
would thus appear that this might not have anything to do with YandY.  Has
anyone else encountered this problem?

Regards,

V.S. Prasad