Installing Type I fonts in Windows XP

David Ireland david at davidireland.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 19:23:17 CET 2003

Dear Christina and all,

I have followed your earlier instructions and installed the New Baskerville
font on my Windows XP machine....but can't get it to work.  Following your
instructions and tying this up with the technical addendum and what it says
in the Companion, I end up with files named NBR.*, NBI.*, NBBI.* and NBB.*
:

The AFM files are in:
c:\yandy\FONTS\AFM

The TFM files are in:
c:\yandy\FONTS\TFM\TeXnNASI\tfm

The PFM files are in:
c:\WINDOWS\Fonts
and in
c:\yandy\FONTS\PFM

The PFB files are in:
c:\WINDOWS\Fonts

I want to make a whole file run with this font, but am not sure what I need
to do next.  Do I insert a '\newfont{\???}{name at size} into the preamble,
and/or do I use a \usepackage{???}?

What is the latex name for NewBaskerville anyway?  Is it 'pnb' or something
else?

This is the first time I've done a complete change of font like this, so
excuse me if I'm asking dumb questions.

Thanks for your patience and help!

Regards

David