Two questions

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Sat Nov 15 16:34:17 CET 2003

At 02:25 PM 11/15/2003, you wrote:
>* We often create ps files without sending them to the printer.
>Previously, we used LPT1 for the printer port. When we wanted
>to print a previously constructed ps file, we applied the DOS copy
>command:
>                      copy <filename>.ps  LPT1
>Now that we use a USB printer port, that method doesn't work.
>Can anyone tell us how to print a ps file from DOS with the copy
>command in this new printer environment?

One way is with this:

http://www.lerup.com/printfile/

Another way is by sharing the Windows printer and then giving this command:

net use lpt1: \\yourstation\yourprinter

where "yourstation" is the Windows networking name of your computer and
"yourprinter" is the share name of the printer.  You can then send the matl
to LPT1: as before.

Didn't you need

copy /b ...

?