Installing Type I fonts in Windows XP

Neil A Weiss neil.a.weiss at juno.com
Thu Nov 13 17:32:14 CET 2003

Hello,

We just got a new computer and it runs Windows XP (Home Edition).

I think that you've addressed Windows XP installation issues previously,
but we just want to be sure that we install our new version of Y&Y
properly.

* First, we install the fonts by choosing File > Install New Font . . .
in
the C:\WINDOWS\Fonts folder.  Correct?

* We have Type I fonts already on our hard disk. Those are the fonts
that we want to install, *not* the ones on the Y&Y TeX CD. Our pfb
files are in C:\psfonts and our pfm files are in C:\psfonts\pfm. Does
Windows want the pfm files or the pfb files? In other words, after we
choose File > Install New Font . . . in the C:\WINDOWS\Fonts folder,
do we point Windows to the C:\psfonts folder or to the C:\psfonts\pfm
folder?

* After the fonts are copied (installed) to the C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
folder, we then install Y&Y itself, right?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Neil A. Weiss
Voice: 928-541-1112