DVIWindo Windows 2000 Problem (fwd) [Andreas Antoniou]

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Sat Mar 22 14:21:46 CET 2003

Robin Fairbairns writes:

> if he's _copying_ a .pfb file into the fonts directory, of course it's
> not going to be recognised; the font needs to be "installed" by
> windows, just as it had to be in atm.
>
> iirc there's a <fonts> entry in the control panel, and from that you
> can get an "install font" panel; you then navigate to where the font
> files (.pfb and .pfm) select the ones you're interested in, and tell
> it to go ahead.  surely this stuff is in the documentation?

Well, I have to admit that I really have lost track of all the things
he's done, and the things I've asked him to do -- except for that
C:\psfonts vs c:\winnt thing ... and that was because my early version
of 2.2 was doing things quite differently from later versions. And of
course, the diff. between NT4 and Win2000 has also probably been a
factor.

I guess I really ought to sift through all the mail to see what he's
done, and what I've suggested.

I had thought that he'd de-installed everything and then re-installed,
without ATM. But perhaps I was only looking/reading `re-/de-install
TeX' and not the fonts as well ...

I'll check.

But it really reinforces the need I think we've all seen exhibited in
Win2000-related queries: the instructions aren't all in one place, and
don't perhaps emphasise enough the importance and order of certain
procedures.

But as Anna's chosen to do a no-nap-today thing, I've no time till
either late this evening or hope (faintly) that tomorrow afternoon she
will indeed be out of circulation for a few hours ;-)