possible BibTeX solution ...

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Tue Mar 11 23:15:13 CET 2003

In the Technical Addendum, FAQ #2:

   Q2: How do I use BibTeX, MakeIndex or DVICOPY?

   A: These utilities are all in the util sub-folder of your yandy
      folder. You may find it most convenient to use these from the
      command prompt (`Start > Programs > Command Prompt'). Gather all
      the necessary files into a common folder and make that the
      current folder. You can instead set DOS environment variables
      (either TEXINPUTS and TEXBIB or BIBINPUTS and BSTINPUTS) to tell
      these utilities to where the inputs are. Other versions of these
      utilities may also be found on the CD in the wind32 sub-folder
      of the CTAN folder.

And of course, having now finally had the smarts to search for Bib*
files, Explorer promptly located bibtex.txt in /doc-misc ... oh my!

I've just followed its instructions ... nope. No change in the error
message from BibTeX. OK. I'll try again in the morning, after deleting
all the old .dvi, .aux, .log files ...

Well, I advanced a _little_ bit on this one!