your mail

Mimi Burbank mimi at csit.fsu.edu
Tue Mar 11 09:24:29 CET 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 09:10:27AM -0500, support ? wrote:
> From: George Kardomateas
> <george.kardomateas at aerospace.gatech.edu>  Save Address | Headers
> To: <support at YandY.com>
> CC:
> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:30:37 -0800
> Subject: question
> -------------
>
> Hi, I just bought the Y&Y Tex system, I like it a lot but I have
> one simple
> question:
>
> How can I get the editor to open automatically by double clicking
> on a file?
>
> I have old .tex files but when I double click the Yand Y tex
> editor id not
> invoked. Instead, I have to start the editor and THEN open the
> file.

Hello there....

Your machine is most likely looking for the application you
used "before" ...   If you right clock on the file, and then
choose  "Open With"   and click on the box that says
"Always use this program to open thse files"

and then click "ok"

and it should work the next time you try to edit a file...
(not wanting to shut my machine off - it may also need a reboot
to make this take effect, but I hope not...)

Mimi
for Y&Y Technical Support
To unsubscribe send a message to admin at yandy.com