Answer to BibTeX query (fwd)

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Tue Mar 11 07:03:20 CET 2003

Michel Stanislas writes:

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 00:05:27 +0100
To: Christina Thiele <cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca>
From: Michel Stanislas <Michel.Stanislas at ec-lille.fr>
Subject: Re: Answer to BibTeX query

--=====================_1543389==_

WARNING: This message has been altered by MIMEDefang. Following this
paragraph is an indication of the changes which were made. For more
information contact Postmaster <Postmaster at carleton.ca>.

An attachment named dviwindo.ini was removed from this document as it
constituted a security hazard.  If you require this document, please contact
the sender and arrange an alternate means of receiving it.

--=====================_1543389==_

here is again my dviwindow.ini

i have norton with weekly update

in the BLG, here is the first line :

This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c  MS-DOSxxxurt by D. Vulis/J. Demel)

the spurious character is at the xxx position

sinc ms

At 22:59 10/03/2003 -0500, vous avez écrit:
>Michel Stanislas writes:
> >
> > thanks for finally replying to me,
>
>Thank you for your patience.
>

> > I do not agree with you, this is not a sintax problem as when i compile
> > with an other package on PC or Unix, it works as it is.
>
>With your sample files in hand (many thanks for sending a _small_
>file!), I have exactly the same thing: no problem when processing on
>my unixbox, but it just won't work with Y&YTeX.
>
> > i did try your method and it does not work too.
> >
> > My feeling is that there you bibtex has a problem to find the path to the
> > file as it always tells that it did not found the .aux file which is in
> > fact in the same directory as the .tex one.
>
>Yes. I have the same result: the .aux file is present, but when I run
>BibTeX, I'm given a nasty error message right off the top: that
>\documentclass is an undefined control sequence. But I see that this
>is different from yours ...
>
>We're looking into it. I do tend to agree with you that this has the
>appearance of being a path-related problem. However, I'm not yet sure
>where the path is going wrong. I'm afraid that your .ini file was
>deleted from your message -- our mailer here is very strict about
>viruses and it turns out that the .ini file is a popular way of
>distributing bad things.
>
>In my own dviwindo.ini file, I find only one reference to BibTeX and
>that is in the [Applications] portion of the file, which relates
>mainly to setting up the menu items in the `TeX' pull-down menu.
>
> > I attach again the ..BLG file which comes out, please look at the spurious
> > character in the first line.
>
>What is the spurious char.? Below I see only `a_open_in' -- which is a
>sequence of chars. not a `spurious one'. Do you have a file or
>something where this sequence appears? Did the spurious char. you
>mention perhaps not even come through via e-mail?
>
> > the message i get when running bibtex is :
> >
> > a_open_in "part_B8".aux
> > I couldn't open file named '"part_B8".aux'
> > please type input file name (no extension) --
>
>No. I do not get the above message. However, the above isn't directly
>related to the file files you sent me.
>

> > sinc ms
> >

> > At 19:07 03/03/2003 -0500, vous avez écrit:
> > >M. Stanislas:

>I will continue to work on this and get back in touch as soon as
>possible.
>
>In the interim, are you able to continue doing your work on the
>unixbox?
>
>Ch.

--=====================_1543389==_
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