ATM for Windows XP

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Fri Dec 26 10:38:11 CET 2003

At 11:24 AM 12/25/2003, Christina wrote:

>What needs to be reinforced is that ATM actually can do two things:
>
>    a. install fonts
>    b. manage fonts
>
>Under Win2000/XP, it must NOT be used for installing fonts -- the
>rasterising work it did for font installatino under Win95/98/NT is now
>part of the Win2000/XP environment, so all you do is drag the .pfm
>files (the ones with the red-a) into the c:\windows\fonts folder (or
>c:\winnt\fonts) folder.

Not quite right as far as I understand it.  ATM Deluxe 4.1 can be used to

a. install and manage fonts
b. rasterize fonts

Under 2000/XP, the rasterizing is taken over, automatically, by the
operating system.  No need to make any adjustment(s) to ATM DEluxe 4.1 in
my experience.  Despite that, ATM Deluxe 4.1 can safely and usefully be
used for all aspects of font management, including installation and
removal.  The alternative (dragging to the fonts folder) also works.

Be sure to download the appropriate ATMFIX.EXE from the Adobe Web site and
install it.

The above reflects my experience and understanding of the OS and ATM
documentation.  I am not a representative of Y&Y, Microsoft, or Adobe, nor
do I claim to be an expert.

...Mike

--
Michael Prager, Ph.D.                <Mike.Prager at noaa.gov>
NOAA Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research

NOTE: Opinions expressed are personal, not official.  No government
endorsement of
any product is expressed or implied.