DVIPSONE in Windows XP

Michael Cross mccross at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 18:17:18 CET 2003

I am not an expert, but as far as I have discovered, dvipsone doesn't use any knowledge of the Windows installation of fonts. (I actually run dvipsone under XP and have never installed the fonts - although of course I have them somewhere on the hard drive). Dvipsone uses the PSFONTS line of dviwindo.ini to find the location of the fonts - in your case this seems to be C:\WINDOWS\fonts. So you should check whether the needed font files are indeed here. From your Windows98 listing you are using the fonts [mtmi] [mtsyn] [mtex], which are mathtime fonts. (Did you indeed install Mathtime fonts on XP, not Computer Modern?) So I think you should find the files mtmi.pfb, mtsyn.pfb, and mtex.pfb and/or mtmi.pfm, mtsyn.pfm, and mtex.pfm (sorry, I've forgotten which dvipsone uses) if you list the files in C:\WINDOWS\fonts. If they are not there, you can install them, or simply copy them (assuming you have them on the CD) to another directory, and use the PSFONTS line in dviwindo.ini to!
  point dvipsone to this directory as well. If the font fil
es are there, then it seems likely to me that there is an error in forming the dvi file, not in processing it with dvipsone.

When I run dvipsone on my XP installation I get the same sort of listing as you get for Windows 98, including the lines

>Processing DVI file s_final.dvi (to s_final.ps)
>TeX output 2003.12.12:1748
>Warning: no ATMREG.ATM [MTMI] [MTSYN] [MTEX] [cmsy10] [msam10]
>Processed 5 font files  - remapped 3 font

(Other's have asked about the "no ATMREG.ATM" error message, so far I think without resolution.)

NOTE: I am a user, not an expert, so everything I say here might be wrong!