DVIPSONE in Windows XP

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Fri Dec 12 12:02:04 CET 2003

David Cruickshank writes:

> Thanks for all your suggestions, Christina.  I've tried everything, but
> it still doesn't work!  I've uninstalled everything and started again,
> but still no progress.

Humph! I'm stumped, then. You know, someone once mentioned on this
list that they had to get a new printer driver when they did their XP
upgrade -- clearly, I'm doing the flail thing again, here but ... I
dunno ... is this a possibility? Does anyone remember any details on
this?

> TeX to DVI works fine, no errors.  DVI displays fine.  My printer (HP
> 2100) seems fine.  It's the DVI to PS that won't work.  Below I've
> pasted the logs from DVIPSONE for the same file run on Win 98
> and on XP.  The XP version seems to be skipping the font
> processing.  Fonts are all installed and dviwindo.ini has the line

I see that ... can XP readers here do a quick test to see if they get
the report on-screen about the font processing, as David's Win98
sample shows? First thing, I figure, is to ensure that everyone else
does indeed get the report when they're running XP ...

Hmmm ... here's another flailing thought ... if you had 2.2 under
Win98, then surely you were using ATM for both font installation and
management, right? Well, you don't use it for installation under XP
but you _can_ use it for management under XP ... can you check to see
if the Y&YTeX font folder in the ATM is actually active? All, of
course, assuming ATM is in fact a presence on your XP machine ...

> PSFONTS=C:\WINDOWS\fonts
>
> Any more ideas out there?

I'm running near the bottom of the barrel, now ;-(

> Thanks,
>
> David.

====

For handy reference, I've left in the part of David's Win98 screen
report which shows the font processing stuff which he doesn't get
under XP.