Installation ; on XPOS; Tex first, then Fonts

John A. Becker jabecker at llnl.gov
Thu Dec 11 08:44:43 CET 2003

1)       Windows XP OS; YandY Tex 2.2; changed
computers; reinstall YanY Tex

2)       Installed Tex first, then Fonts from CD; When I ran Latex I got a
missing fonts message; I recall that a fix is possible without uninstalling
Tex, which I am reluctant to do (see below);

3)       What file do I need to put the pointer to fonts in?

4)       What is the pointer statement?

5)       How do I know where the fonts are located on my XP system; At the
time I did the installation, I read your splash screed, which told me the
fix, but I did not know where the fonts were located and in the intervening
week my scribbled note from your splash screen is gone.

     B:

Alternatively I could

a)       uninstall Yand Y Tex

b)       install fonts again (I assume over the first installation)

c)       install Y and Y Tex

I have been reluctant to follow Procedure B because my computer support
people says to me  that this confuses registry; Are they right?