problems with fonts

Carlos Hernández Garciadiego carlosh at servidor.unam.mx
Wed Dec 3 16:34:28 CET 2003

I have windows XP and I Installed Y&Y according to the card that came with
the CD. It seems that the fonts are not installed correctly, because if I
try to preview something like

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}

$$
f_{\mathcal{R}}
$$

\end{document}

When I preview it I obtain messages:
Encoding mismatch.
Font: cmsy7, Face Name: cmsy7
'm_yc_v..' versus 'ansinew' at byte 169

and

Encoding mismatch.
Font: cmr10, Face Name: cmr10
'mr1_57..' versus 'ansinew' at byte 205

Because I have also Scientific Workplace.

If I  uninstall the fonts from Scientific Workplace then DVIWindo sends
messages saying the fonts don't exist.

If I try to use DVIPSONE

I obtain the following, and the R which is suppose to be caligraphic doesn't
print correctly.

Passing PS back to Windows from DVIPSONE.DLL
DVIPSONE 2.2.8  2002 Apr 30 09:44:06 SN 4972
Copyright (C) 1990--2002, Y&Y, Inc.  http://www.YandY.com

Command:
DVIPSONE -v -d="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Escritorio\*.pdf"
C:\Temp\Untitled2.dvi
Processing DVI file C:\Temp\Untitled2.dvi (to DVIWindo)
TeX output 2003.12.03:1626
Warning: no ATMREG.ATM  WARNING: Can't find font cmmi10 (and no substitute)
 WARNING: Can't find font cmsy7 (and no substitute)
 WARNING: Can't find font cmr10 (and no substitute)

No font files [1]
Max stack depth 4 - 3 font slots used - DVI file contains 1 page
Time: 4.063 sec (2.86 sec per page output)
3 errors encountered
DONE

Please tell me what else I have to do to install the fonts.

Dr. Carlos Hernández Garciadiego
Instituto de Matemáticas, UNAM
Tel 56 22 44 87