FWD: Installation crash

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Wed Aug 13 10:41:30 CEST 2003

admin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A0?= writes:

> Dear Techsupport
>
> I shipped a new Tex System to George.  This Tex System is a CM TeX
> System with WinEdt.
>
> admin at yandy.com

> From: "George McCormack" <gm558 at hotmail.com>
> Date:  Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:31:53 -0400
>
> Installation still is crashing. It tries to install the Latex

Define `crash'. You mean the screen really goes blank?

> files and has
> an error message when tried to install ctan/contrib/other/boites.
> This
> happens when contributions is not even checked. I will try again
> later

I've had the above error as well. It's a known bug in the older script
that is still being used to write CDs. The boites package is not on
the CD but the script still calls for it. Installation can proceed
without any subsequent repercussions.

If one really does need the boites packages, then I'm not sure what
one can do because ...  I've just done a search of the alphabetic
index for CTAN

   ftp://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/alpha.html#B

and I get the following message when I click on `boites':

   550 /tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/boites.sty.html: No such
   file or directory.

Which is beginning to sound like the spring 2003 upgrade done to the
CTAN collection for the Y&YTeX CD is quite correct -- there is no such
package anymore. The CD-writing script just hasn't been updated.

So proceed with installation -- there's no real problem here.