[Xy-pic] arrow tips matching Charter face

Vadim Radionov vadim.radionov at gmail.com
Wed May 30 22:24:10 CEST 2012

Dear all,

Since I'm using Mathew Carter's Charter face in my projects together with
Mathdesign math fonts, I needed matching arrow tips for xy-pic. So I took
half of the arrow head from md-chr7y.pfb and populated 2 fonts with its
rotated/mirrored copies in fontforge, then generated pfb, afm and tfm.

Core definitions of xy-pic are to difficult for me, so I just copied the
code for xylu tips:

\xydefcsname@{tipfamily ch}{\loadtipfonts@
 \let\tip@=\tip at cm \let\atip@=\atip at cm \let\btip@=\btip at cm
 \let\Tip@=\Tip at xy \let\Ttip@=\Ttip at xy \def\tipjot@{.2em}}

If anyone need this unfinished product, I can send the fonts to the mailing
list or directly.

The problem is, the default line thickness is too small for these tips, and
pdf driver does not support the "line" extension. I can fake it temporarily
changing \fontdimen8\textfont3, but that is not a good solution. Also I
would like to have butt-shaped linecaps.

Yours,
Vadim