[XeTeX] combine 2 glyphs with xelatex

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 10:40:10 CET 2024

I'm afraid not or at least not easily. The matras are present in the
font without the dotted circle but the circle is present in the font
as a glyph which is inserted by the shaping engine if matra is used
without the consonant. Thus the solution suggested by John Waś will
not work because you will still get the dotted circle meaning that the
consonant is missing. You must somehow force the shaping to think that
the consonant is here or find a font where the dotted circle is
missing. I am not a font expert thus I do not know how to do it.

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/

po 11. 3. 2024 v 10:00 odesílatel François Patte