[XeTeX] XeTeX \openin — bug or feature

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Tue Sep 20 18:39:35 CEST 2022

On 20/09/2022 17:36, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Have you compared other engines? My TL installation is woefully
> out-of-date, but with the versions I have on hand, I see similar
> behavior in tex/pdftex/luatex.

No, I confess that I haven't, Jonathan — XeTeX is the only engine I ever
use, and has been for much of its existence.  But David C. has
identified the feature as emanating from the "Kpath..." library, so it
will indeed be common to all TeX Live engines at least, and perhaps
others as well.  David also reports that it is possible to turn this
undesirable feature off, something I shall investigate shortly.

--
/** Phil./