[XeTeX] [EXT] solved partially

Stefan Solbrig stefan.solbrig at ur.de
Mon Oct 17 10:54:11 CEST 2022

Hi,
In XeTeX, you can also use \XeTeXcharglyph to get the (font dependant) glyph number for the character code.

\newcount\buffer
{%
\font\1="[./NotoSansManichaean-Regular.ttf] :script=mani"\1
\global\buffer\XeTeXcharglyph"FE00\relax
\XeTeXglyph\buffer\relax % prints the glyph
}

\number\buffer % prints the glpyh number

{% short
\font\1="[./NotoSansManichaean-Regular.ttf] :script=mani"\1
\XeTeXglyph\XeTeXcharglyph"FE00\relax
}