[XeTeX] How to print a variation selectors?

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Fri Oct 14 08:16:31 CEST 2022

Hi!

I just noticed, to my pleasant surprise, that my Emacs renders VS1 with
the glyph used in the standard; the glyph is taken from Noto Sans
Manichaean Regular (no idea why Emacs selected just this very font).

Actually I was looking for a font which contains glyphs for variation
selectors, so I tried to print it. As this did not work, I tried check
whether the VS1 works in the intended context, i.e. with e.g. MANICHAEAN
LETTER DALETH, and I am quite confused --- sometimes it works and
sometimes it doesn't.

Please have a look at the enclosed examples. I will appreciate very much
your comments.