[XeTeX] Disable "mktextfm" and/or use of TFM-based fonts ?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Jun 8 09:51:29 CEST 2022

Am Tue, 7 Jun 2022 11:44:28 +0100 schrieb Philip Taylor (Hellenic
Institute):

> As I /never/ want XeTeX to attempt to create a seemingly-missing TFM
> file, can I configure XeTeX and/or TeXworks to inhibit this undesired
> behaviour ?

Perhaps by setting MKTEXTFM = 0, but I never tried if xetex honors
that. But even if that work: you would still get errors from your
code, so why bother?

> And for that matter, can I configure XeTeX and/or TeXworks
> to inhibit any attempt to use TFM-based fonts ?

Do you really want that? Don't you use tfm based math fonts?

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/