[XeTeX] strange difference

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Jun 2 10:17:02 CEST 2022

Am Wed, 1 Jun 2022 17:39:22 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Apostolos Syropoulos
via XeTeX:

> Hi Julius, In different words: When I place an image in the middle
> of an A4 page,the final PDF will be a A4 page but if turn the
> same image, the final PDF will not fit inside an A4 page, right?

It depends on the class. The standalone class adapts the page size
to the content. So if you put something large in it you get a large
page size. The article class does not adapt the page size. If you
put something too large in it you get overfull box messages and part
of the content can be clipped at the border.

Your starting example used local images and fonts so couldn't be
tested, but as Heiko wrote: rotating can enlarge content and white
space in the image can suddenly matter:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\begin{document}
\fbox{\includegraphics[trim=0 0 -100 0, width=5cm]{example-image}}

\fbox{\includegraphics[trim=0 0 -100 0, width=5cm,
angle=45]{example-image}}
\end{document}

--
Ulrike Fischer