[XeTeX] strange difference

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 19:39:22 CEST 2022

>it may feel like a bug in this situation, but it is not, for the single>reason that includegraphics cannot look inside the picture and decide
>which part of the picture is irrelevant. If you add a picture of some
>width and height, TeX makes sure it is completely inserted. If you turn
>it by an angle, TeX makes sure the whole of the picture is included and
>no corners are cut off. If TeX did otherwise, I would consider that a bug.
Hi Julius,
In different words: When I place an image in the middle of an A4 page,the final PDF will be a A4 page but if turn the same image, the final
PDF will not fit inside an A4 page, right? The attached images aregenerated from XeLaTeX sources that do not rely on the standalonedocument class.
Regards,
Apostolos

----------------------Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece