[XeTeX] strange case of overlapping graphics

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 22:49:10 CEST 2021

Yes, it is what I saw in pdflatex as well. Now I see the reason, I have not
read my exiftool output carefully. It says:

X Resolution                    : 25
Y Resolution                    : 7

So, pdftex as well as viewers used by Phil honour the resolution in both
directions and the output is tall. Gwenview, gimp and ocular just honour
the size in pixels. Xelatex probably calculates the dimensions correctly
taking into account X/Y resolutions, generated the commands for PNG
inclusion but xdvipdfmx honours the pixels only, not the resolutions.

Zdeněk Wagner