[XeTeX] XeLaTeX for files using pstricks

Akira Kakuto kakuto at w32tex.org
Fri Apr 23 22:34:24 CEST 2021

Dear Roussanka Loukanova,

On 2021/04/24 3:58, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
> I'm attaching the sources of the pdfs. I was hesitant because of the additional sty files, which are not in TeX Live, and I do not know what is the practice in this case. I'm attaching them too.

In TeX Live 2021, PSTricks for XeTeX is not supported in the
default case for a security problem.
(Any program can be executed by a malicious source on Windows if we allow it.)
An option -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -i dvipdfmx-unsafe.cfg -E -q"
enables the PSTricks for XeTeX:

Try

xelatex -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -i dvipdfmx-unsafe.cfg -E -q" rotating_trees-xelatex.tex

Best,
Akira