[XeTeX] \font "<platform font>":color=FFFFFF produces black, not white glyphs \font "<platform font>":color=FFFFFF produces black, not white glyphs, re-visited

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Tue May 26 10:32:47 CEST 2020

Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Well that is the problem when accepting "work-arounds" as
> "solutions".
>
> Instead of looking for the next workaround I would suggest to do
> this time the right thing: Report the problem to the dvipdfmx
> maintainer and ask them to properly support the colors FFFFFF and
> FFFFFFFF.

I imagine that this is simply an illustration of one of the many differences between German English and British English, but coming (as I do) from the wrong side of the great Euro-divide, I would find asking a volunteer to "properly support" something highly presumptuous — the furthest I would be willing to go in that direction would be to ask "if it might be possible to add full support for XXX at some point".  Which of course I will do, once I can be sure who the current maintainer of [x]dvipdfmx is ...

/Philip Taylor/