[XeTeX] macro-problem

Herman Grootaers herman at grootaers-nl.com
Tue May 12 17:15:14 CEST 2020

On 05-05-20 08:34, Herman Grootaers wrote:
> I am flabbergasted with this macro I am setting up. I must miss
> something from reading the documentation.
>

> It is a part of a macro that is much longer, only a conditional
> partially printing of a header, indexing on a parameter and
> color-formatting - just the nice things to do in a macro - , but this
> misbehaves on the typesetting of the main event of the macro.
>

> The output is one page long, there are a number of underfull
> verticals, which are resolved in the final version with all bells and
> whistles.
>

> I hope someone can help me with this strange behaviour.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Herman Grootaers
>

> P.S. Please reply to the channel, I do not like it when someone finds
> only the question but not the answer.

Well, I did not find out what went wrong, but changing the call to
lettrine with a default parameter did the trick I was looking for:

\newcommand{\BLAPRNT}[3][4]{\lettrine[lines=#1]{#2}{}#3} in the preamble;

\blaprint{I}{\blatext} in the main body or

\blaprint[2]{I}{\blatext} to change the default number of used lines to
2 or the used parameter.

It took me a week to dig through google to get the result I wanted. And
also I sometime have to remind that LaTeX sometimes forgets that the
\parshape should be 0 as it sometimes keeps holding the lettrine space
in memory.

Thanks.

Herman Grootaers