[XeTeX] Xetex, fontspec, font and greek

Pierre Dupond 76nemo76 at gmx.ch
Thu May 7 18:38:07 CEST 2020

On Thu, 7 May 2020 18:06:21 +0200
Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:

> Am Thu, 7 May 2020 17:49:31 +0200 schrieb Pierre Dupond:
> Add a declaration for the sans family:
>
> \newfontfamily\greekfontsf{GFSNeohellenic}
>       [
>           Script=Greek,%
>           Extension=.otf,%
>           UprightFont=*,%
>           ItalicFont=*It,%
>           BoldFont=*Bold,%
>           BoldItalicFont=*BoldIt,%
>           Scale = MatchLowercase,%
>       ]

Thanks it works now.

> >  but the letter "a" in italic is not very pleasant.
>
> Well I can see why you don't like it, but imho your font replacement
> is not an improvement.
Yes this font was not a good replacement. It was the first I have found
to make my example work.

By using the font "lmsans10-oblique.otf" the result is much better
but I use generally for this replacement the "LucidaSansOT". This font
is not free and it was difficult to put it in the example.

Thanks for your help.

--
Pierre Dupond <76nemo76 at gmx.ch>