[XeTeX] asterisk in font name - font error

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Dec 14 16:31:48 CET 2020

Am Sun, 13 Dec 2020 16:10:59 +0000 schrieb Philip Taylor:

> I can see no reason why XeLaTeX users of "Jost*" should be forced
> to use a work-around.  As the font "Jost*" can be successfully
> loaded and used with XeTeX,

It doesn''t work for me in windows. With plain + xetex I still get
error because of the *

kpathsea:make_tex: Invalid filename `Jost*', contains '*'

\font\test="[Jost-500-Medium.otf]"

> the problem should be reported to the
> authors of the "fontspec" and "LaTeX2e" packages, as it is
> probable that the problem lies solely therein.

That LaTeX2e is involved is very improbable. fontspec could be
involved as it uses the * as a wildcard in some places.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/