[XeTeX] bug in polyglossia/sanskrit? (problem with diacritical marks)

Steve White stevan.white at gmail.com
Mon May 20 18:06:22 CEST 2019

I looked into the Sanskrit2003 font today.

The strange vertical mark seen in the samples of that font are easy to explain.
The glyph at U+0304 in the font is simply incorrect: it should be the
combining macron --- instead it is a double vertical line.

Other combining marks are missing in the font, as well, so it will not be
able to support all of the Devanagari transliteration methods listed here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devanagari_transliteration

What remains of the original report is the effect that of incorrect
mark placement, exactly as though the positioning lookups are not being
applied.

Cheers!