[XeTeX] bug in polyglossia/sanskrit? (problem with diacritical marks)

Steve White stevan.white at gmail.com
Sun May 19 19:54:18 CEST 2019

A few related points.

First, the issue with Murty Sanskrit and the l with dot below and
macron is of course a font issue.
Simply: the font is missing the glyph at U+1E39, which is exactly
        LATIN SMALL LETTER L WITH DOT BELOW AND MACRON
I'll try to give the developers of that font a heads-up.

Just to double-check what Windows does with these fonts, I installed
all of them on a Windows 10 system, and opened the attached HTML file.
Except for that one letter in Murty, they look fine.

About GNU FreeFont: again, there were some inconsistencies, but I
overreacted.  I'm going to pull back some of the changes I made,
intending to fix a problem that wasn't there.

Cheers!