solved (was: make4ht problem)

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Sat Mar 16 07:41:13 CET 2019

On Tue, Mar 12 2019 at  6:53 +01, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11 2019 at 13:51 +01, Michal Hoftich wrote:
>> Hi Janusz,
>>

>>> I had to do it already from time to time. I used different methods which
>>> were more or less cumbersome. Of course for the conversion I prepare a
>>> slightly different text (e.g. no hyphenation).
>>
>> It is possible to export LaTeX to the ODT format using tex4ht. We
>> fixed lot of issues related to Word last year.
>>
>> Try this command:
>>
>> make4ht -uxf odt filename.tex

Using the recent version from the repository and the configuration file
provided to me directly by Michal I converted the XeLaTeX source to the
ODT format. I'm impressed by the quality, I will send the file to the
editors without any additional hand editing. Thank you Michal!

There are some minor rather aesthetic problems which I would like to
solve in case the paper will be accepted and I will be asked again to
provide the final version in the Word format, but there is no hurry.

I can provide all the relevant files to anybody interested via Dropbox.

I would like also to thank others who were helpful, especially to Philip
Taylor.

Best regards

Janusz

--