[XeTeX] problem rendering unicode Devanagari dependent vowel signs in a different color

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 13:19:05 CEST 2018

Hi,

I am afraid that this is impossible. \color inserts aa expandable command
of a main processor which must not be used inside a word.
This means that in the TeX's eyes the matra is a part of another word and
must not be connected. You have to do it manually.

Try this in your file and see the difference for I and U:

\hindifont{

 क् + इ = क{\color{blue}ि} = कि = \textcolor{blue}{ि}क

 क् + उ = क{\color{blue}\kern-.15em ु} = कु = \textcolor{blue}{ु}क

}

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz