[XeTeX] problem rendering unicode Devanagari dependent vowel signs in a different color

ShreeDevi Kumar shreeshrii at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:23:47 CEST 2018

I was recently asked

To make study materials for my students I want to change different colors
> for svaramatra. I used this one - क् + इ = क{\color{blue}ि} but the letter
> not combines together How it is possible in latex.

I haven't been able to figure out a way to do it in xelatex.

Here is an MWE,

-------

\documentclass[11pt]{article}

\usepackage{polyglossia}

\usepackage{color}

\newfontfamily\hindifont [Script=Devanagari]{Jaipur Unicode NFLC}

\begin{document}

\hindifont{

क् + इ = क{\color{blue}ि} = कि

}

\end{document}

-------

hope to get some suggestions on how to get the letter be one color and
Devanagari dependent vowel sign in another color and render correctly.