[XeTeX] Package background usage in XeLaTeX

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 10:33:33 CET 2018

Hi,

it seems to be a problem in TikZ. Anyway, if you just want vertical lines,
you need no package at all. you can do it just by \vrule in your footer:

\makeatletter % allow @ in the macro names
\def\ps at mystyle{% definition of the page style
  \def\@oddhead{\normalfont \normalsize \hfill \thepage}%
  \def\@evenhead{\normalfont \normalsize \thepage \hfill}%
  \def\@oddfoot{\vbox to 0pt{% zero height vertical box
      \hskip -20mm % negative, to make it wider that the text width
      \color{red}\VR \hskip 2pt \VR \hfill \VR \hskip 2pt \VR \hskip -20mm}%
  \let\@evenfoot\@oddfoot}
\makeatother % @ no longer allowed

% Define the vertical rule (in order to have the dimensions at one place)
\def\VR{\vrule width 2pt height 200mm depth 0mm}

% Set the page style
\pagestyle{mystyle}

If you need more complex graphics, you can use PDF primitives. You can see
this article:
http://bulletin.cstug.cz/doi.php/10.5300/2013-1/13
It is written in Czech but you can see what can be done.

I have not tried my solution, I just typed it but I hope I have not made a
mistake. You should only modify the dimensions.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz