[XeTeX] Mixed Roman and Indian alphabets for Sanskrit (was: what is \setmainfont used for?)

ShreeDevi Kumar shreeshrii at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 05:56:13 CET 2017

Yes, I am not using the hyphenation rules because of the way the text is
structured for the sanskritdocuments pages - it almost always fits on one
line.

I am also using sa-Latn and similar tags for sanskrit in the html pages for
sanskritdocuments.org. However, I have used just 'sa' for Sanskrit in
Devanagari. for an example, please see view-source:
http://sanskritdocuments.org/doc_veda/s-sukta.html?lang=iast

If there is definitive terminology for distinguishing writing systems and
languages, it would be helpful to decide whether to use sa or sa-Deva.

FYI -  discussion from last year regarding Language codes to use for
sanskrit transliteration at
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sanskrit-programmers/iFUutpHuCLU

ShreeDevi